-->

Billboard Ads


I'm so excited!!  Today's the first day of mine and Erika's new link up STRANDED!

We started talking about things we couldn't live without and thought...why not make it into a link up?  Each month will have a different topic (see below for all of the topics) and today, we're blogging (and hopefully many of you are too!) what three things out of our medicine cabinet we would take if we were stranded on a deserted island.

Let me be clear.

I would not fair well stranded on a deserted island.

Andrew would immediately get to work, build a village, roads, bridges...he'd probably figure out how to create electricity, clean water and indoor plumbing...but I would be in the fetal position.  The entire time.

So...for those rare moments when I find myself out of the fetal position, here are the three things from my medicine cabinet that I cannot live without and would take (and narrowing it down to three was hard!)...

Coconut Oil.  
I'm going to need a Costco size jar though...

I used to live and die by Vaseline, and even though I still love Vaseline, coconut oil has replaced it in my medicine cabinet.  Yes, I keep coconut oil in my bathroom.  Coconut oil does EVERYTHING.  It takes off makeup (even eye makeup without irritating your eyes!), it moisturizes (great for body lotion!), it makes your hair soft (hello stranded on an island hair), soothes cuts, scrapes and sunburns (#islandlife) and...if I were to get hungry, it tastes good spread on a piece of toast (or whatever I mange to find on that island).  I love coconut oil.

The one thing it doesn't do though...

...is give me SPF.  


I would take sunscreen and as you guys know...this Clinique City Block is my favorite for my face (it doubles as a primer).  I'm sure to burn (and still worry about skin cancer) on an island, so I would need to be slathering my face with this stuff several times a day.


A toothbrush.

Because...ugg...I would need to be able to properly brush my teeth with a toothbrush.  I'm hoping someone else on the island brings toothpaste, because this is my third pick and I'm happy to share toothpaste, but I'm not sharing a toothbrush.

Those are my three things from my medicine cabinet if I'm stranded on a deserted island: Coconut Oil, Sunscreen and a Toothbrush!  What would you bring?  I'd LOVE to know!!  Comment below (or link up!) and share this with us!  What would you bring from your medicine cabinet?

And to see the other topics for the rest of the year...


I'm hoping that pecans are growing on this island so that I can make some of these recipes...


...tomorrow is National Pecan Day and I'm celebrating with both sweet and savory recipes!

See them all here.

xo