-->

Billboard Ads


It's Friday!!

I seriously get giddy every single Friday. #noshame

Hope you guys have fun weekend plans.  I am going to dinner with my favorite people tonight (they all live in my house), baseball, birthday party and a canrival tomorrow and then I'm wrapping up my weekened with a girls' night painting party.  Random fact: Pablo Picasso was born on October 25, 1881 and I was born on October 25, 1981.  Other than the fact that our birthdays are exactly 100 years apart, we have nothing else in common. #icantpaint #ordraw #icanbarelyholdapencil 

Today, I'm linking up with my friends NarciErika and Andrea today and sharing some of my favorite things from this week.  Hope you guys have a great weekend! xo




Ashby's class made little faux chia pets the other day...and it has been cracking us up all week!  Every afternoon, my kids want to see how much Ashby's "hair" has grown.  We keep it on the kitchen counter and seriously, I giggle every time I see it.




Look how cute this meal planner pad is!  V Shop sent me one of these fun meal planner pads the other day and I'm in love :).  It has plenty of room to write out your daily meals along with space for your market list...PLUS, there's a big magnet on the back, so you can stick it on your fridge too.  Love a good meal plan :).  You can see all of their other paper products here.  Don't forget, you can find my Meal Planner book here.



Speaking of books I love...


...I had pre-ordered Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook It's All Easy and it arrived on Tuesday.  I love her books because it's just full of story telling (along with great recipes).  I can read through the book like a novel and enjoy the anecdotes, memories and tales from her life.  I was super pumped when this one arrived. 




I had a lot of questions about coconut oil this week!  On Wednesday, Erika and I hosted our Stranded link up for the first time and I said that if I were stuck on a deserted island and could only bring 3 things, one of them would be coconut oil.  I received so many comments and emails about this little gem right here.  So many of you wanted further explanation of how I use coconut oil as a bathroom product instead of just in the kitchen.  Here you go:

1. It takes off makeup.  I spread coconut oil on my face and it removes all of my makeup (even my eye makeup!) without any irritation.  After I spread a little on my face (you don't need a lot...probably half a tablespoon), I wipe it off with a warm, slightly damp washcloth.  Makeup off!

2. It's a body moisturizer.  Instead of putting lotion on after a bath or shower, you can put this on instead.  It rubs right in like any lotion would.

3. It's a great hair mask.  Sometimes, I'll dampen my hair just a little and then add in a big dollop of coconut oil, tie it back and then wash it out in the shower later (sometimes five minutes later, sometimes an hour later, sometimes, the next morning).  It's a great hair mask!

4. It's a hair protector.  My hair turns green in chlorine if I don't protect it, so on my dry hair (wet would work too, but typically, my hair is dry right before I get in the pool), I add in a big dollop and it protects my hair from the chlorine.

I received so many comments on other things coconut oil does for you in the bathroom (you can even brush your teeth with it according to many of you).  So, if you have more suggestions, please comment below and share!  



Remember when I told you I bought that linen-like Lush top in another color...ta-da!  My black one arrived and I've already worn it this week.  Looks great and doesn't wrinkle.  #winwin
For a size reference, I bought xs and am wearing one of those camis I just love so much underneath it.



I am randomly going to make "dresses" one of my favorites this week.  I was never really a dress girl (because let's face it...I had no where to wear a dress!) until this last month and thanks to our Disney Cruise and our trip to NYC, I now have dresses.  What?  What?  Me?  Yes!  Me.  All of the dresses I ended up wearing came from Nordstrom because...with free shipping and free returns, I could order multiple in multiple sizes and try them on in the comfort of my own home (and then return the ones that didn't work).  Another win!

So...who's going to take me somewhere so I can wear this green dress again?  Anyone?  Anywhere?  I just need a good reason to wear this dress again.  Invite me to your wedding...I'll come!  Love it so, so, so much!  

And lots of you asked me the same questions, so here are your answers: the polish is OPI Mod About You, the shoes are forever old Steve Madden's and the bracelet is Kate Spade.

My favorite little green dress also comes in 10 other colors including these...
...you can see all 10 colors here.

And just to recap, here were the other dresses I've worn recently...

That black dress is my very favorite and it's not only affordable, but it comes in multiple colors too!

And one more...
...do you see my pink dress back there?  Ha!  I haven't worn it yet but I thought I might point it out.  I bought it for a baby shower and it's so cute!  The back of it is especially cute!!  Just an FYI :).

And don't forget...
...you can throw this denim jacket or my new white denim jacket over any old dress for a little change.



On my foodie blog today...


...I'm celebrating spring suppers!  

Listen...even if it's still freezing cold where you live...if we eat a lot of spring inspired food, then maybe the weather will change? #wishfulthinking

Click here to see my simple, seasonal spring supper recipes.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend friends!
xo